Reporting positive COVID cases
Outlines the steps to follow when students, employees and UCLA affiliates test positive
If you are a student or employee who tests positive for COVID-19 through UCLA campus testing, you will be contacted by campus health officials about the next steps you should take.
However, if you have tested positive outside of UCLA (including using an at-home test) or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and have been in contact with an infected person, either on or off campus, isolate immediately and follow the instructions below.
(Managers and supervisors who are alerted by an employee or by a third-party vendor or invited guest of a positive test should direct those individuals to follow these instructions.)
- Contact the Exposure Management Team through the UCLA Ashe COVID Hotline at 310-206-6217 or email them at email@example.com.
Students in on-campus and off-campus UCLA housing: If it is after hours, please call the UCLA Housing Isolation and Quarantine Team at 310-825-5451.
- The Exposure Management team will provide students with an individualized assessment, including instructions on isolation and further testing, and will notify individuals identified as close contacts (as capacity allows).
- If you are a student in medicine, dentistry or nursing and are in clinical rotations, contact the UCLA COVID Call Center at 310-825-6771 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and staff
- Contact the UCLA COVID Call Center at 310-825-6771 or email@example.com.
- The Call Center will provide an individualized assessment, including instructions on isolation and further testing, will notify individuals identified as close contacts (as capacity allows), and will give guidance on when it is safe to return to work. (Employees should notify their supervisor of their return-to-work date.)
- If the COVID-19 incident was work-related and the individual was admitted to the hospital over night for in-patient treatment beyond observation, the employees’ manager or supervisor should contact the UCLA Environment, Health and Safety Serious Injury Hotline at 310-825-9797.
Third-party vendors and invited guests on campus
- If a UCLA affiliate has been informed by an invited third party that he or she has tested positive, the affiliate should contact the Exposure Management Team through the UCLA Ashe COVID Hotline at 310-206-6217 or firstname.lastname@example.org with information about the case.
- The infected person should be directed contact their physician for advice and to notify their UCLA contact that they are not cleared for work or other activities on UCLA property.
For full details on case reporting, please see Standard Operating Procedure for Responding to COVID-19 Cases (PDF).